Thursday, April 1, 2021

Lost in Translation Book Tag





Disclaimer:

The Lost in Translation Tag was created by Eryn @ Love Your Shelf, but I discovered it through Neri @ Postcards from La-La-Land & my post format will closely follow hers.

Rules:

  • Pick the last book you read.
  • Put that book in Google Translate and translate it into 3 different languages, then back to English. (Please put which languages you used to translate them!)
  • See how close (or how far) it is to the original book title.
  • Lastly, put the original book title at the bottom and talk about your last read!

Neri's Additions:

  • Use 3 books instead of 1
  • Don't give us the titles or reviews until your next post! 

Larkynn's Recent Reads:


Book 1: Guest List

English --> Croatian--> Malagasy--> Thai --> English

Book 2: Woman of Air and Darkness

English --> Romanian --> Serbian --> Igbo --> English

Book 3: Fashion Again, Fashion Again

English --> Luxembourgish --> Maori --> Samoan --> English


- - - - - - - - - - -

SPOILER ALERT: You guys, I am so sad that my titles are not as lost as Neri's! I'm apparently not reading books with hard enough titles to translate. 

Share your best guesses about what I've been reading in the comments! And feel free to consider yourself tagged if you find the prompt intriguing! 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is delightfully difficult! Hmm...after spending way too much time Googling synonyms and new(ish) releases, I'm going with:

    1. The List of Things That Will Not Change
    2. Girl of Ink and Stars
    3. Fashion Academy, or Inside Out and Back Again, or Chloe By Design? Or something about trying again?

    Definitely not confident about #3. The only new release I could find with a twice-repeated phrase and a comma in the middle is so far off I'd wonder if Google was translating under the influence. XD Then again..."Legend Composer Dashboard," amirite? ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE NO IDEA! I don't read enough, lol. But, it is intriguing nonetheless! I shall look forward to your next post and what the answers are.

    ReplyDelete

Pete the Kracken and the Angry Storm Cloud

  Hello, Readers! Happy Black Friday if you're partaking in the chaos that is "the biggest gift shopping day of the year". I h...

Popular Posts